Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

St. Cloud State University Student Government.

Thursday night I had the amazing opportunity to speak to the Student Government Association (SGA) at St. Cloud State University (SCSU). SGA is a group of college students who represent and address issues of the student body.

When I wen't to the Capital for the Alzheimer's Rally Day, I met Richard, who is on the Senate for the SGA. He got me connected with SGA and SCSU.

Prior to SGA's meetings on Thursday, they like to have someone from their community come in and speak about a community service project. I spoke about Alzheimer's and shared my story, the basics, and my education program and how SCSU could help me in my journey. I shared how important it is to keep getting the word out about Alzheimer's. I always say: "You never how many people are affected with Alzheimer's until you start talking about it." Which is absolutly true. So many people are affected by this fatal disease, and education is so important.

This night was also the first time that I got the chance to present "The Basic's" powerpoint presentation on Alzheimer's and dementia. I had been working with the Alzheimer's Association MN-ND on this exact powerpoint to make it geared for a younger audience. It is being used all over the state right now. It is a great feeling knowing that I helped with this powerpoint and it was an even better feeling getting to present it.

Tonight is Miss Coon Rapids. I'm very excited to see who will win! This is one of the last Miss MN local pageants. In a few hours I will be meeting with Paige Meyer. Paige and I met at Miss Minnesota Outstanding Teen 2010 when she was 1st runner-up and I was 2nd runner-up. She is an amazing girl, and I love her so much! I'm excited to see her :)

Bailey



No comments:

Post a Comment