Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen Orientation!

It's 11 o'clock on the night before the pageant, and I can't sleep. I'm way to excited so I thought that I might as well blog :)

This is it. The pageant is TOMORROW. Craziness! I feel so ready for tomorrow and I plan on giving everything I have on that stage.

Today, was orientation.The contestants and the state board met at the host hotel, the Crowne Plaza, in Bloomington at 7pm. The last time I was at this hotel was for Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen (MMOT) 2009, the very first time I had ever competed in a pageant. It seems like a lifetime ago. It's a little weird being back!

At orientation, the state board talked about what the Miss America's Outstanding Teen Organization is all about, and what it takes to be MMOT. As they were explaining this, I couldn't help but think about that feeling I would get if the judges choose me to represent MN as their Outstanding Teen. The MMOT crown would represent everything I have worked so hard to accomplish, and having that crown placed on my head would be one of the greatest feelings in the entire world. They also talked about what MMOT's duties would be in her year of service. I cannot think of anything better to do in one year than to be MMOT 2011. It would be the most memorable and empowering year of my life. I'm ready for this title, and I'm ready to give it my all tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun. long, exciting, emotional, and an eye-opening day. The hard thing about pageants is that you never know what to expect, win or lose, so you have to prepare for every possible event. To me, there is no "loser" is a pageant. Only one girl can walk away with the title ... just to get onstage is an accomplishment in itself. No matter the outcome tomorrow, I'm proud of how far I've come and what I've accomplished.

I am excited to see what tomorrow will bring :) I want this title for all of the right reasons and I am fully prepared to be Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2011.

With much love and joy,
Bailey
 My director, Christina! :)
 All of the contestants and Kat!



No comments:

Post a Comment