Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Crazy 2 Days!

Wow. I cannot believe that tomorrow is already Christmas Eve... Where did time go? I feel like it was just last week that I was crowned, and now there is 3 and 1/2 months until Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen 2011!

The past two days for me have been pretty insane.

Yesterday, Bethany and I were scheduled to ring the bell for the Salvation Army at the Westgate Mall in Brainerd. The mall was suprisingly very busy and we were even inside and out of the cold! It was great catching up with Bethany because I hadn't seen her since we had our headshots taken together a few weeks ago. When I think about the friendships I have formed through pageants, I am truly blessed. I have friends from all over Minnesota, and although we may only see each once every few months, it's like we are best friends and we just saw each other yesterday. Distance means nothing. If it is a true friendship it can withstand anything!

After ringing the bell for a few hours, Bethany and I did some rehearsing for our Christmas Performance set for the next day at the Mall of America. I played piano and she sang along to some Christmas carols! We had a great time and I think it put us both at more of an ease for the following day :)

After I said my goodbyes to Bethany, I raced over to the Westgate Mall again for a little get-together and horse-drawn carriage rides. There were a lot of kids there so it was fun seeing all of their faces and asking me the typical question: "Are you a princess?". One little girl walked by me and said "Hi, Princess!", like she had known me her whole life. Kids can be so cute!

All in all it was a great day. I say this alot, but Brainerd is such a great town!

The next day, I was up early and so excited to get down to the metro. Bethany and I had our much anticipated Christmas performance at the Best Buy Rotunda in the Mall of America. The Best Buy Rotunda is the largest rotunda in the Mall. The Mall has 4 floors and this is the only rotunda where you can look up and see all 4 of the floors. So you could be standing on the 4th floor, and look over the edge and see us, we would look like ants, but you could still see us. It was amazing to be standing on the stage and look up towards the ceiling and see all of the people looking over the edge at us. And of course, to top it all off, our performance went smoothly!
And for the cherry on top to these wonderful past 2 days, I am relaxing at home with my family :) I love Christmas! I wish we could have it more than once a year.
I hope everyone has a great holiday and eats lots of cookies!
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment