Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Busy weekend!

I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I'm finally starting to enjoy it after a long two months of being sick. I found myself in the ER last week. After lots of tests, I was told I had anaplasmosis, which is a tick born illness similar to Lyme disease. It was a miserable experience, but the antibiotics are making me feel much better. I am on the mend!

Yesterday, I was invited to hand out awards at the 4th Annual Cherry Car Show in Pequot Lakes. One of my old daycare providers, Betty Stumvoll, organized this event. When she asked me to be visiting royalty, I was honored! I didn't realize how big this event really was until I got there. There was about 104 registered cars in total and even more people. It was fun walking around looking at all of the vintage cars and there was even one from 1911! It amazes me that a car that old is still running and in the great shape that it was. I just so happened to meet a man, Kent, who offered to drive me in the 4th of July parades in his vintage baby blue convertable! I'm so excited to show that off :) It was also great to meet the Pequot Lakes royalty that was just crowned in April! We couldn't have asked for better weather, and it was all-in-all a perfect day!





This car matched what I was wearing...

and it had "Heart Throb" on the back. Was this car made for me?!


1911 Ford Model T! The oldest car there!

Handing out awards!

Betty!

The man in the middle had the 1st place car :)

This little girl reminded me why I love competing. She wanted a picture with me, but was too shy :) I love little girls like this! Hard work does pay off!!

Then today, I had two send-off's to attend. Since the Miss Minnesota contestants check in on Saturday, lots of the titleholers are having their send-off's this week. Today was pretty crazy! At 2pm, Miss Twin Cities, Lauren Johnson, had her send-off today in Brainerd. I was asked to perform my MMOT talent piece, and it was great to perform that piece again! After a quick few pictures, my Mom and I raced to St. Cloud to attend my sister queen, Bethany's, send-off. I was so impressed with the poise and talent that these 2 ladies have. I'm proud to call them my friends, and I'm excited to see how they will do at Miss Minnesota. There is not a doubt in my mind that doesn't say these girls are not ready for the Miss Minnesota title. I have a feeling the judges are going to have an extremely tough job choosing the titleholder this year!
Aja, myself, Lauren, and Jordyn!
Lauren and I at her send-off :)
Bethany and I at her send-off!

I came to the sad realization today that I have 4 months left of being Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen. This year has been truly incredible and I couldn't have asked for anything more. God has blessed me in some pretty amazing ways! I don't want this to sound like a farewell, because it's not! I have the next 4 months of my life to enjoy being Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen and I have no doubt that they will be the best 4 months I have ever had.

With that I want to say thanks to everyone who has been supporting me for the past 8 months,
Bailey

P.S. If you know anyone ages 13-17 who might be interested in competing for Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen hop over to http://www.missnorthmetro.com/, or visit my website http://www.beonthemove.weebly.com/! Thanks much! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment