Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Miss Brainerd Lakes/Miss Baxter pageant!

After 3 days of Miss Minnesota, then 6 days of camp, and now Miss Brainerd and Baxter, I am one exhausted girl! Sleep? Who needs it, it's overrated!

Although I was glad to be home, I wasn't home for long because it was soon time for the Miss Brainerd Lakes and Miss Baxter pageants!

This weekend was the kick-off to the Miss Minnesota class of 2012! There were 2 local pageants; Miss Brainerd/Baxter and Miss Marshall County.

Of course being from the Brainerd area, I was most looking forward to the Brainerd pageants! I knew a lot of the girls competing so it was fun seeing them prepare in the months leading up to the pageant. I helped alot of them with mock interviews, and they all did amazing! I knew that it was going to be a tough pageant to judge. I would not have liked to have been a judge!

It was also great getting to see all of the Miss MN girls that I didn't get a chance to talk to while at camp. They seem to all be doing great!

This year, the Miss Brainerd/Baxter pageant at 14 contestants; a huge number of girls! For Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen they only had 10, which is a STATE pageant not a LOCAL pageant.  I think we might have a pageant bug in our water?

The contestants performed beautifully, and I would like to say a huge congrats to Rebecca Yeh, the new Miss Brainerd Lakes and Haley Van Steenwyk, the very first Miss Baxter! Both of them are totally deserving, and I can't wait to see what each of them will bring to the table.

3rd runner up- Brittany Dahlman
2nd runner up- Emma Hilgart (go girl!!)
1st runner up- Katie Strand
Xoxo,
Bailey



No comments:

Post a Comment