Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Parades, parades, and more parades!

I hope everyone is having/had a great 4th of July!

I was both nervous and excited for this weekend. It was my first time ever being in a parade as a titleholder... and it was so much fun!!

I live right in Nisswa, so being in the Freedom Days parade in Nisswa yesterday was without question. It started at 7pm, so the weather wasn't too hot and a little breezy. Perfect for riding in a hot car during a parade :) Melanie, Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen Princess, came up to ride with me, and we had a great time catching up. The Nisswa parade was short, but perfect for my very first parade :)

 All of the queens at the Nisswa parade
 I let her try on my crown :)
Props to Kent for supplying us with a 1970 convertable to ride in!
The next day, Melanie and I had two parades we were scheduled to be in. One in Pequot Lakes and one in Brainerd. The one in Pequot Lakes started at noon today, and was a fairly long parade for such a small town! Not only was it long, but also VERY hot! There was a huge crowd, and all-in-all it was a fun parade! Many thanks to Kent for supplying a 1970 convertable for both the Nisswa and Pequot parades :)

Pequot parade!
Then Melanie, her mom Becky, my Mom and I wen't out for a quick lunch at the new Pizza Ranch in Brainerd, and before I knew it, it was time to line up for the Brainerd parade. Brainerd's parade started at 4pm, and was the longest of the three parades I was in, both in floats and length. I didn't realize how many people show up for this parade. Although it was still incredibly hot and I was a little sunburnt, I enjoyed being on top of that convertable waving :)
Brainerd parade
Last parade of the day!

Hope everyone has a great week!
Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment