Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Alzheimer's Twins game!

On Friday, I headed down to the cities with my Mom to attend a Twins game with Corrina (Miss Scout County's Outstanding Teen) and Chris Swiggum at Target Field. It had been raining all morning, and I prayed and prayed and prayed that it would clear up by the game. As part of buying our tickets to the baseball game, the Twins organization donated a portion of profits to the Alzheimer's Association. With that, all of the people who bought their tickets through the Alzheimer's Association got to sit together and walk the field.

My mom, Dad, and I all attended a game like this last year, and getting to walk the field was one of the coolest things I have ever done! Naturally, I was really looking forward to getting to walk the field again this year and watch the players warm up. According to Mother Nature, she did not want us to walk the field that day because when we arrived at Target Field, it was still raining and Twins officials had to cancel the walk on the field in order to keep the field looking as pristine as possible. I was really bummed! But as soon as the game started, the clouds parted and the rain stopped. Thank you GOD!

It turned out to be a very fun game and my sister queen, Bethany, was there too along with Miss North Metro 2009, Tiffany! The only 3 "North Metro" titleholders in the state of Minnesota were at the same Twins game. Pretty crazy if you ask me!

The Twins were playing the the Kansas City Royals, and in the Top of the 9th inning they were winning. Wanting to beat the crowd, we left, thinking that the 1-0 lead they had was enough to hold them over through one more inning. Right as we were getting into our car, the crowd roared and I quickly checked my phone only to find out that the game went into the 10th inning and Kansas City ended up winning. Is that what I get for leaving the game early?

The next day, we got up early to do a little shopping. Mall of America is always the best place to go! Corrina came with us, and we found alot of stuff for the Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen pageant that she will be competing in and I will be giving up my title.

Visit http://www.missnorthmetro.com/ if you are interested in competing!
With love,
Bailey



 Many of you know that I am a huge baseball fan, and an even bigger fan of Joe Mauer! Look how close I was to my future husband... ALMOST touching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment