Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Walk to End Alzheimer's Kick-off

Last Thursday (I know I'm really late) I attended the first annual Brainerd Walk to End Alzheimer's kickoff event. My mom and I are the co-chairs for this years Walk, and after attending the national Walk to End Alzheimer's conference in Atlanta, Georgia, we thought it was a great idea to have a kickoff. Basically, this event was just to rally everyone and get them excited for the Walk. Stephanie Dix from the MN-ND Alzheimer's Association came and spoke about the best ways to fundraise and recruit people for your team. Famous Daves provided us food for the event and Becky Kubesh provided us wonderful cookies. Thanks to both of them!! :)

Although it was not a big of a success as we had hoped for, it was still a great kickoff. My cousin, Sara, came up and stayed with us and help us set up and take down.

Now that the kickoff is over, the Walk is my main focus now. I'm getting so excited for it this year! We always hope for bigger and better. Praying it will all go well!

I hope everyone is having an amazing summer and enjoying this nice weather that we are finally getting!
Bailey



No comments:

Post a Comment