Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Every Friday and Saturday night of summer, there are pig races in Leader, Minnesota at the local bar. Leader is a small town a few minutes west of Pequot Lakes. To give you an idea of how small this town really is, the population there is 7 people and downtown consists of a bar, church, historical museum, and a gas station. When I showed up at the place where the pig races were being held, I didn't realize I was right in downtown Leader! I think Leader tops the list of the smallest town I've ever been to :)

The pig races are something new and different, and I wanted to try something new and different so this was the perfect thing! I put on my cowboy boots and was set to go :) I went with Lauren, Miss Twin Cities, and Melanie, Miss Minnesota's Outstanding Teen princess. I always have a good time with them!

When the actual pig races started, I didn't know what to expect. I had never seen a pig race (Who has? Haha!), and it was surprisingly pretty exciting! 5 pigs raced at a time, and people from the audience got to pick which pig they thought would win, and if they picked the winning pig, they won a prize! Sounds exciting right? The 3 of us even got called down to the arena, and helped them pick people to bet on the pigs. I had a fun time, and would do it again in a heartbeat!

I would like to send good luck to our Outstanding Teen, Alexis Houle, who left for Miss America's Outstanding Teen on Friday and who I'm sure is having an incredible time making appearances and friends in Orlando, Florida! Praying for you Alexis!

Always,
Bailey




No comments:

Post a Comment