Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Miss North Metro Outstanding Teen 2010!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A week in the life!

It has been a busy week in the life of Bailey! Last Friday, I volunteered at the Univita "Golf to End Alzheimer's" event at Braemar golf course. All of the money raised wen't towards Univita's Walk to End Alzheimer's team. Univita won the Angel Award last year for raising the most money for their Walk team, so I was honored to be apart of this and help them exceed their goal for this year. I hosted a Tee 17 and we told the golfers that they could hit it with their club, but them had to donate $5 or they could just throw it with their hand and not to pay anything. This worked out very well because most people didn't want to throw the ball so just ended up donating. After 6 hours of sitting out their, we (my mom and I) were relieved of our duties and turned in our money. We found out that we raised the most money at our tee that day so we won the prize! It happened to be 4 bottles of wine (obviously not for me but it's the thought that counts) :)

The next day was a day dedicated to shopping :) Gotta hit the good shopping when you can! Corrina came with us and we wen't to the Burnsville Mall and Southdale. We went to Southdale specifically for the Mestad's fashion show with the Miss Minnesota High School and Collegiate girls. I have gotten to know the director's, Suzie and Allyson, alot over the past 2 years. They have helped me tremedously and have given me unwaivered support! Simply put: they are amazing!

I competed in the very first Miss Minnesota High School pageant in 2009 for practice and ended up getting 3rd runner up in only my second pageant! I was then asked to represent North Dakota at the Miss High School America pageant, so I have Suzie and Allyson to thank for all of those incredible opportunities.

For the past year, my Mom and I have volunteered to help with any small tasks or backstage before the pageant and this year was no exception! It's weird watching all of the girls get ready and reherse and not have to compete! I can just sit back and relax :)

So after the pageant on Sunday, my Mom and I finally headed home and geared up for the Team Wachholz's biggest fundraiser for the Walk... the Cut-a-thon! This was the 3rd annual Cut-a-thon at the Deb Schey Salon and it was an enormous success!! Since my mom is a hairdresser, she and her 2 other co-workers cut hair all day long and ALL of the money went to Team Wachholz for the 2011 Walk to End Alzheimers. It's always a fun and rewarding day, and at the end of the day when I added up all of the totals, I found out we raised $2,417! And we're still going! People were so incredibly generous and I praise God for allowing us to have such an awesome day! Thank you to everyone who took the time to come out :) It is much appreciated!!

XOXO,
Bailey






No comments:

Post a Comment